CRYOcheck??Clot S is a clot-based assay intended for the quantitative determination of protein S activity in citrated human plasma. CRYOcheck Clot S initiates the common pathway of coagulation in plasma using a Russell's viper venom (RVV-X) reagent to convert factor X to Xa in the presence of activated protein C, bypassing all factors above the common pathway.
- Frozen format eliminates reconstitution errors
- Unaffected by factor VIII:C levels up to 600%
- Unaffected by unfractionated heparin or by low molecular weight heparin up to 1.0 IU/mL
- Excellent linearity resulting in a broad reportable range
- Up to 300 tests per kit when using 3.0 mL format
CRYOcheck?Clot S is used with C & S Diluent, available separately from Precision BioLogic.